Thursday, March 24, 2011

I want to make friends like my dog does...

This is Penny Lane and her new friend Mia. They met for the first time today when a friend of mine came over for a walk. After their first smell, it took them all of five minutes to accept eachother. Then after the walk they ran around the backyard like they had been friends forever. My friend and I thought, wow, why can't people be like this? Why do we have to be so reserved? Without saying a word, the way we carry ourselves, tells people to not get too close. And if someone is friendly and starts talking right away, such as a dog getting their sniff in, we think they have crossed some line of private space! Dogs see what they have in common and go with it. Penny even shared her water with her new friend. After watching them, I will try to be as welcoming as they are to whomever crosses my path.


1 comment: