Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I want to give comfort....

This is Penny Lane. This is her very serious, distraught face. During thunderstorms, pacing and crying accompanies this sad face. No matter the time of day of the storm, our energetic, happy pup turns into a nervous wreck. We've tried herbal remedies, blankets, and classical music. Nothing seems to ease her worried mind- it's awful for her and us. This anxiety exhausts her. She looks at us to do something, but we just do not know what. I want to comfort her-everything is going to be okay and this storm will pass. It reminds me of the hard times we all go through, where the anxiety and pressure and questions take over our minds. We can't snap out of it and it feels as though the storm will never end. For comfort this time, I'm trying treats, a game of indoor fetch, and I'm turning up the volume to the classical station. A little distraction helps me and hopefully Penny too.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment