Monday, March 14, 2011

I want to buy used..


Due to my recent room switcharoo, we had to buy a few pieces of furniture to fill our new found space. We are savers, so buying new furniture was not in our budget for the month. Although, when I want something, I kind of want it right at that moment. So off I went in search of these new discount pieces. In my search I still wanted to buy local, made in america, and this time, buy used. Why do I need chairs that have never been sat in? Why do I need a table that has never had anything placed on it. I need a story with my piece and that is what I set out to find.

When you know what your looking for and are flexible, shopping is easy. We knew we wanted a bench, and when I searched for wooden bench on craigslist, this is what I found. It even has drawers- perfect! Instead of buying the same one from a store, we found what we needed from someone who no longer needed it!

Find #2 was at the Habitat for Humanity Restore. Two wooden chairs-$10 each! All they needed was a new cover and some love. And I must say that I am pretty proud of my self upholstrey job. And I found a perfect lamp for the hubster's new sitting room/office.

Find #3 was at Sleepy Poet, the most wonderful place full of antiques and just cool stuff. Here I found a set of three side tables at an awesome price- just what we needed.

So....woohoo for buying second hand! A little love can fix just about anything! It sure looks better in my house than in someone's trash can!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment