Sunday, March 13, 2011

I want to buy local....

I have stepped it up buying local at the farmer's market recently. Although I know the bananas and oranges I bought are not from the area, I am making a sincere effort. I have also decided to try buying local in general, to the businesses in our city and neighborhood. I live in an awesome (yes, awesome- see 3/10) part of town where music and art are celebrated daily. Lucky for us the local music venue holds an all arts market every couple months or so where local artists come in and sell their work and a variety of stuff! This visit, thanks to our room switcharoo, we had to get a few things. Here are just two of them. Where else could I have bought this pillow case? And the painted door, that weighs about fourty pounds is going to look perfect in our new guest room. The artists live here in the neighborhood or just a few miles away. Talk about made in the USA! Diane Sawyer had a special on recently about "made in the USA" and after learning that we could create 200,000 jobs by just paying a little extra to be made in the US, I think it's worth it. This will be difficult with my love of World Market. But if this means that we just have to travel there ourselves and buy it from the artisans themselves, that is fine with me. I will give my very best effort.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment