Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I want to sew...

I had an idea last Friday about pillows. So I made a couple, sewing by hand. They turned out pretty cute but after showing my new project and talking with my sister, the idea of a sewing machine was brought up. If you don't know, sewing machines are expensive. Spending that much money on something that I do not even really know how to use, seems a little irresponsible. So off to my mom's house I went to see the power of the machine. The machine though was doing something crazy and was not working properly. What a big bummer. It is fixed now but I'm trying to save time, and driving to and from is not helping.
But help has come!! After spending a lovely afternoon with my mother in law yesterday, I mentioned going to my mom's to sew, and she said that'she had not used her sewing machine in years and I could take it to my house! Woo hoo! Best of all, the sewing machine is literally as old as me, born the same year, so I'm figuring we'll get along just fine.
But very wrong I was. It has been a battle and oh very frustrating. Of course I thought I would get a hang of it in seconds, but it has taken hours! Luckily I have the day off! Let's just say it's a good thing this camera can't zoom.  I am stepping away from the machine for now, but will give it a go in a few hours and give it a go again with fresh eyes. A little break can do wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment