Monday, February 21, 2011

I want to set an intention....

I love the beginning of a yoga class when we set our personal intention for our practice. What is the purpose, why are we here and what do we expect. Through the class we are reminded to think back to that intention in order for us to get through all those chaturangas and the burning in our thigh as we hold warrior for what can feel like eternity. My intention this morning was "pace." Often in the early mornings I tend to rush or worry about the time. But as I thought about pace, I slowed down and really took my time- experiencing each posture, breath by breath, and even the transitions. If I set an intention to my daily life, with that reminder, nothing can get in my way.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment