Thursday, February 24, 2011

I want to hate sweets...

I am weak. I can't say no. When somone offers me something that is chocolate and full of deliciousness, it takes everything in me to say no. I don't crave fried food or big pasta dishes, I could go on with out those things and be fine. But with chocolate, it's a different story. I had been getting better, but today was not a good will power day. I do know that treats are good but I want to go by one of Michael Pollan's rules which is, "Treat a treat, as a treat." So simply said and so simply understood, but so hard to follow. In my way of thinking, everything deserves a treat! Great, I was recognized at work, time for a treat. Yay, it's Thursday, a treat sounds good. Awesome, it's 2 o'clock, thanks for the treat. Ahhh! It must stop. But as this issue repeatedly happens, I will start tomorrow. I will hate sweets!!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. I love sweets and it's funny you mention Michael Pollan because he wrote one of his earlier books, I think "the botany of desire" on our desire for sweet foods and how it is like encoded in us. Treats as treats is good to live by. Someone once told me that we should think about who we are feeding when we eat. I have not thought about it in a while but want to start reminding myself of it when I pick up not as nourishing foods. If you remember you have God in you, you might make different decision, like do I want to feel this to God, my best self, right now?

    ReplyDelete