Saturday, February 19, 2011

I want to run....far.....

Being outside, giving my dog exercise and letting my mind go are just a few reasons why I like to run. Not to mention it's probably the greenest form of exercise and you can pick up and go anytime and anywhere. In 2005 I liked running so much that I ran a marathon with two good friends. Talk about serious training- including lessons on being so sore I couldn't walk down stairs!

Since then, I have kept running consistent, three miles or so, a couple times a week. Maybe a dozen times since then I've ran five or six miles. Nothing in comparison to that 26.2. Recently though, the urge for a long one is creeping up again. We have a marathon that runs through our neighborhood and every year we cheer them on. It's actually one of my favorite things to do. Even when driving in our car and we see a runner, my husband will honk the horn and we'll say, "You go girl!"

There is a half marathon in April which would satisfy this urge. The thought of commiting does make my stomach turn a little. I do want to run and now is the time. Today was a good start. I think I ran five. Let's keep the motivation going and we'll see how far I can go next week.....
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment