Thursday, February 17, 2011

I want to be an encourager.....

As someone said in a meeting the other day, I, as well as them, chose my career when I was five. I wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to be a teacher to show students how to have confidence in themselves and I wanted to introduce them to the wonderful world of learning- and how it is always exciting. When someone asks how school is, I say, "I love being with the kids." If we could just read and write and create all day, it would be perfect. Though schools are changing, I never want my inspirations to be pushed aside.

I am not the typical teacher of the year, but this year I had some believers and they voted me into that special category. And I must say, it felt pretty darn good. Now, of course, I have to worry with such an honor- living up to the title and making sure it is deserving.

Although, as I was reflecting of the awesomeness of today I realized that all I really needed to hear was that I was doing a good job and that someone appreciated it. We all need more of that. "You're on the right track," makes us feel safe and gives us purpose. When we see something good we need to say it. Everyone loves a compliment- let's let people know they are needed. What a happier work place it will be! So to end today and to look forward to tomorrow....I want to be an encourager.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment