Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I want to embrace the letter "s"

I'm pretty sure this title won't end up on anybody's google search.

I am a school teacher- I live & love the alphabet- write it, read it, sing it. But that letter "s." Oh how it gives me trouble when I'm on crafts. (my sister says crafts are like my drug- which I will be making a shirt that says exactly that- I'm on crafts, haha!)

Lately, thanks to some friends of friends and co-workers, Hermanas has been busy with orders. Yay! Lots of sewn letters I've been a-making and they keep getting better. Until..."s" shows up. I spend triple time trying to figure it out. I am going for a whimsical look, but it just does not work out. So after the first yuck, I tried another approach. Just me, the fabric and the machine. A few turns here and there and we got it. The 2nd picture shows what I ended up with, much better than the first. So I guess I found somewhat of a solution until I get an order for a Jessica or Melissa. With that new approach I have embraced the "s."





No comments:

Post a Comment