Saturday, May 7, 2011

I want to be a part of something awesome....

Girls on the Run is so much fun (what we say at the end of each practice). And pretty awesome too I might add. After 12 weeks, today was the big race, the 5k that finishes off the season. Each race day I stress a little- do they all have a ride, will they show up, will they be on time, will they eat breakfast, etc, etc  etc.  Both seasons this year I had at least one girl show up at exactly the start time of the race and both times someone in our group needed medical attention! No worries, both were fine, and I found a very quick way to get my heart rate up.

Today was great- I had my own little buddy and as we ran, she as all smiles. Towards the finish we grabbed hands as we crossed the finish line- which was enough to melt my heart. The program teaches confidence and being proud of who they are. Today I was able to see it on their faces, and that felt good. Confidence a girl has can make the difference in making a smart decision over a bad one. Hopefully, they will continue to build onto the confidence that we sparked today.


No comments:

Post a Comment