Monday, June 27, 2011

I want to say good-bye to my twenties...

Today is the last day I can say I'm in my twenties. Ten years have gone by in a flash and luckily they were full of many once in a lifetime experiences that I will cherish forever. I graduated college, got my first job, ran a marathon, met and married my husband, watched friends and family get hitched, adopted my first puppy dog, completed graduate school, became an aunt, started hobbies that I love, became a vegetarian and made many new friends.
How busy has this ten years been? I would love to sit and have a conversation with that 20 year old me. If she could see where we are now, she would be proud that she could still recognize herself even with that ten years of new found wisdom. Those roots that were being grounded have began to grow and I am trying to be a person that I would have wanted to be at 20 or even 10.

I can't wait to see what the next ten years will have in store for me. Tonight I will go to sleep 29 and tomorrow I'll wake up 30!


No comments:

Post a Comment