Monday, August 8, 2011

I want to exhale.....

Big yummy sigh.....ahhhhh. That is how today has felt. It was my first real day off. No out of town trips or celebrations, just me at home with a little agenda- yoga and a haircut. Thursday was the last day of summer school and Sunday was my last day as a land guide. What a summer- In a little more than a week I will be back in my classroom getting ready for the year waiting for the next big exhale. For now though, I'm sneeking in a little down time and a little catch up time as well.

It's funny on "the last days," not much can bring you down. I easily go with the flow and everything just seems to be brighter. Whether it be the last day at a job, the last day of school, or the last day of vacation.....it's then we finally soak it all in. We accept the bad and we take the good, taking it all for what it is. Thursday, the kids seemed sweeter and on Sunday the customers seemed thankful....but they were like that the whole time. I was just wrapped in who knows what, to appreciate it.

I guess that's why they say to "live every day like it's your last." Get that hug and kiss in, smell the roses, and just linger. What I've learned from this.....If it's the first day or the last day, or a day in between, take a second to appreciate what it is.


2 comments:

  1. You brought up a good point on exhaling. In fact, I think we should be doing this frequently. I've been working with my yoga instructor on breathing techniques. I've found that breathing properly can reduce stressful situations. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete