Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I want a little change...

I like change. I always have. After about three years of doing the same thing, I start feeling it. Then during the fourth year I start preparing or panicing or looking for ways to change it. Last year was my fourth year at my school-it was an awesome year, but by the end, I was glad the year was done and was planning out opportunities in my head. Up until Saturday, I was thinking that my big four year change wasn't going to happen this time. I would have to make some kind of change happen at home or in my routine. I was settling into that.

Little did I know that on Saturday I would be getting a call from my principal. I saw that he called and thought: #1 I have to give up my classroom or #2 something really important has come up. Turns out, both were right. I was offered a new position that is going to be an awesome challenge. A Big, big change!!! I had been curious, ooking for new possibilities, but it's very strange how this all came together. This new gig, is going to be a good fit to what I want to do. I do know it is going to be very hard work and it is going to test me in new ways. I am so thankful for the opportunity and excited to see how this adventure unfolds. And after a day and a half on the new job, I still have A LOT to learn and A LOT to do!!

I suppose though, once you "get it," the challenge is really over. I know these "Big changes" won't happen all the time- if they do, I'll be exhasted! So as long as we are still striving to learn more and be more, the changes can be little but the ideas can go far. As for now, this "big change" is going to keep this wondering mind quite busy:)


No comments:

Post a Comment