Monday, July 25, 2011

I want to juice....

Juice! Wonderful juice! Juicing has become a part of our morning ritual. I'm even looking up juice bars close to our hotel this weekend. I'm addicted to juice! It all started because of my new clean life I'm after now that I'm 30. I was reading "Crazy, Sexy, Diet," & feel in love with Kris Carr. She is inspiring and has made me want to make some serious adjustments to my health- this is the only body I have and I want to fill it with beneficial, nutritious stuff so it works as it was intended. So, for one big change, I bought myself a juicer, some serious veggies and fruit and have been juicing away. Yum yum yummy!!!

Luckily for me, my husband is always supportive of my new adventures and jumps on board drinking it up every morning. I'm trying out different combinations and have even made some muffins out of the pulp. The muffins need some serious tweaking, but we'll get there. For now, the pulp is making my compost happy. As of today, four weeks in, my top five juicing ingredients are: 1. Blueberries, 2. Cucumbers, 3. Chard, 4. Apples, 5. Celery. Imagine getting all that good stuff in for breakfast!!

Juice rocks and has made my mornings even brighter! After watching a documentay, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead," where two men go juice fasts that changed their health and lives forever, it made this jucing thing seem so smart and I didn't feel so crazy anymore. I proudly juice. In the film, the main guy tries to convince people to try a 10 day juice fast- he says you have to go at least seven days to feel all the benefits. This may be my next step. The hubster will probably put up a fight on this, but we'll see if my sales talk will work.  All I need is seven days off in a row so I can make juice all day long......seven days in a row........


1 comment:

  1. This is so inspiring Vicky, I am so happy for you. I love to juice too and just got reminded of that when I started last week again. It's one of those things I forget needs to be non-negotiable. I feel so much better, have more energy and I know why because my body is getting what it needs, big time. It really is time consuming to prepare, I think you mentioned that earlier, but in a way it really is super simple at the end of the day. In the last 10 years I have not had a taste really for me, for many reasons but all that aside I feel better and enjoy my food more on a deeper level. I started only eating fish like you were doing a while back and now I don't even have a craving for that in my diet either. Phillipe is very flexible, sounds like Brian is too, which is very lucky of us to have! I am very proud of you and feel inspired to treat myself better as well, we need to be old healthy Lohers together...

    ReplyDelete